Experience option

The Choinski Family choinski at TIAC.NET
Fri Sep 15 00:57:58 CEST 2000

> Cool.  I wanna play.  Come to florida and run it :)  I've NOT played but in
> only 2 games
> which sucks.  I've only run pnp the rest of the times.  So I'm eager to just
> play for
> a change.  Though I do play in some ways in the games I run (like Xian) :)

If I could figure a way to wrangle you in virtually, i would. :)

>> Basically, characters may visit the elemental planes, upper world, etc.  In
>> the outermost regions ("CL1"), ALL attributes (and skill maximums) are
>> reduced by 50%.  Monsters use their same stats up here (Yes, it is dangerous
>> :).
>
> That's how I deal with it.  Upper world is normal no real big changes to stats
> and
> the such especially monsters.  So you go on your own risk.

Well, I'm only tossing the idea around.  I figured that the players getting
"weaker" in relation to the world would feel better the just facing tougher
monsters (even though that would be the easier way to do it, from their
standpoint).

After all, they are no longer just swimming across any old river, but
"Al'orhal, the source of the western currents in the Balance realm, a lesser
branch of the all-river "Helanohl". :) And what looks like a branch they
could normally break off with their mighty muscles is strengthened by the
very elder forces they push into. :)

Also, tougher monsters implies more EXP, which I don't want to do.  They are
putting themselves into an environment where the creatures are on their home
ground.  I figure scaling down the already beefy PCs will throw the system
less out of whack than increasing the monsters.

But I'll have to think about it, and have plenty of time.  They will have
brand-spanking new characters, a LONG way from even thinking of coping with
this stuff. :)

Of course, and advantage to my starting this up is more rules and stuff for
Wout's pages. :)
     -- Burton