[pnpgm] Game Update #52 - File #290 - Party sees Gravity of the situation.

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Thu Dec 14 17:40:39 CET 2023

*..Character Name...Player..................Type....Not es.....*
*Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,.......... *
*Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........*
*Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........*
*Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........*
*Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................*
*Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........*
*Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........*
*Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........*
*Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........*

*Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)*
*Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net*

*Game Update #52 sequence (file #290)*
*Admin Note: None*
*[Recap]*

*From Razgor: [Re: Actions]*
*Razgor grabs his large shield and uses that to block the nearest …*
*GM: Ack.*

*From Mournath: [Re: Actions]*
*I'm sorry folks,I've been sick for weeks at this point. I tried to*
*post a few times, but nothing seemed to have gotten through. So,*
*here's hoping this goes out!*

*[IC] As the collapse begins, Mournath makes a quick logical choice. …*
*GM: Ack. Ahh. This is why no stream. Hope you get better. Yeah server
has been down a few times randomly. Last time was a power outage in
Europe. This is why I've seen for a long time check the Archives – url
above. If post goes out it'lll show there within minutes. If not then CC
to me personally email. *

*From Rocky: [Re: Actions]*
*Rocky quickly assesses whether it is best to stay near the center …*
*GM: Ack.*

*From Juno: [Re: Actions]*
*Juno cast multimissle(1) on his spear and throws it at the crystal in hopes*
*to destroy it.*

*Juno Prays silently:*
“*bless this spear make it more and make it good. “*

*At the same time he uses his imagination in his mind and visualizes it*
*being destroyed:*

*From Varo: [Re: Actions]*
*Varo hears Mournath’s shout, snaps out of her shock at what …*
*GM: Ack.*

*[New Stuff]*

*[Fireday, Movement week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]*

*[Time: 7;56 pm]*

*Razgor grabs his large shield and uses that to block the nearest light *
*ideally he would break the light going to the top crystal, but not sure
from the description if he can reach that high.*

*Juno and Varo watch as Razgor rushes into the large cavern. While Verek
is gone from the cave having levitated upwards and out, the part where
the hanging light or crystals are intact. The pool is still shimmering
with gray, white and a small bit of orange. The reflection on the cave
ball make it look like a dance hall where they use mirrors and crystal
falls to make it colorful. *

*Juno nods to himself as it is a good idea to stop the ritual with a
large device like the shield. But the powerful priest-in training knows
it may be too late. If this talisman is imbibed with the power of this
pool and the moon due to some alignment of the moon, then the damage is
done. *

*As the collapse begins, Mournath makes a quick logical choice. As*
*the 'new god' has floated up and out through the ceiling, creating a*
*hole above, the safest place to be in Mournath's mind is out there, in*
*the center of the pool, where the opening to the surface has appeared.*
*Mournath yells out to his companions, 'Into the pool! No rocks can*
*fall on your head where there are no rocks above you!' and dives into*
*the pool.*

*Marusk think that is a good plan. But once he and Mounath get to the
pool they find it is only a couple feet deep. More a fountain pit than a
well.*

*Rocky quickly assesses whether it is best to stay near the center of
the opening to the sky or to run for it to avoid falling rocks and
debris. Choosing quickly he then acts on it avoiding damage as best he can. *

*Juno cast multimissile(1) on his spear and throws it at the crystal in
hopes to destroy it.*

*Juno Prays silently, “bless this spear make it more and make it good.“ *
*At the same time he uses his imagination in his mind and visualizes it*
*being destroyed: *

*Varo hears Mournath’s shout, snaps out of her shock at what she’s
seeing around her, and follows him at a run, diving into the pool. As
she hits the water, holding her bow close to her chest, she tries to
start moving her shield with her free hand to cover her head &
shoulders, not just her back.*
*She concentrates on holding her faith in Ernalda close within her &
sends a quick prayer for deliverance for herself & her companions as
they work together to stop this crazy man who led them here.*

*Juno throws his spears at the crystal as Varo reaches the pool. Now
Razgar, Varo and Mounath is in the pool. They are bathed in the flashing
white and gray lights. But they do not feel any power changes. *

*Razgar raises his shield to hit the crystal as the spears fly overhead.
The second one does hit while the others splash onto the rock wall some
distance away. The spear cracks the crystal and spear falls tip down
toward the three. Razgor side steps as the spear heads his head but
clips the crystal as well with his shield. The crystal shatters and
rains down into the pool. The shield deflects the spear and it crashes
to the ground. This probably saved one of the 3 from damage. As the
crystal shards rain down pieces slice and slice clothing cutting
shoulders and arms. *

*As this happens Kaz shakes his head and flees back down the tunnel
passage to the library. *
**
*Klargar follows Kaz suspicious of this whole event. He doesn't want to
be trapped in this place.*

*As the tinkling of crystal and glass starts to end only thing heard is
the rumble. But it suddenly stops. All three have minor cuts but not
serious damage. Better than a spear head in the head. The group looks
around. The moonlight beam has ended. Now normal moon glare is seen on
the rock wall but as the moon moves high overhead that'll soon be gone.
In fact ritual may have ended on its own in minutes once the alignment
was over. *

*A voice is heard high above as the cave in seems to stop. Only a few
pebbles fall from the ceilings. “Awww. Destroy the place. I assume this
talisman will have power till end of time? But it is still glowing!” The
rumble is heard again. “I do need worshipers I'll give you 30 seconds to
leave and come outside.”*

*While the full rumble has subsided the noise is still there as Verek
seems to be ready to destroy the cave.*

*The group looks around. The hole is now maybe 18 feet high. The hole
has expanded to about 8 feet wide with uneven edges. So directly above
there is no rocks – a good thing. But even if they got lucky and got
ropes to climb out that would take time. Rocky knows caves. They may be
safe from above. But the side walls could collapse and pile up above
them. He decides to follow Kaz.*

*Marusk with a bleeding left arm nods, “lets get out of here.”*

*For those who leave they run the passage. By now Kaz has run back into
the library. Klargar stands at the secret passage and ensures door not
shut. ?The group leaves the passage and watches as Kaz runs out of the
library to the hallway.*

*His 'bodyguard' stops and says in rough words that Marusks translates
as “This way to the Observatory!”*

*The group follows and wonders why not use front door and exits that
way? Its closer. But maybe if Verek is on the roof that could give him
an advantage of height. Maybe this room has a way to the roof?*

*As the group darts to the hallway they hear behind them in the passage
the tunnel and cave seem to collapse as this manor side of the house shakes.*

*The group loses track of Kaz but his fellow cultist are easy to follow
as they reach the stairs to the second floor. After a run down a shaky
hallway echoes of a cave collapse is heard far below. Kaz runs into a
room. It is well lit by a couple dozen candles on the walls that is
shaking. High above a glass ceiling is seen. It is amazing to think this
could be built so far from a city supply line. On the east wall are all
windows floor to ceiling. It overlooks high up on this mountain to the
ocean probably 10 or so miles away. The only indication of water is the
moon on the water rippling. Some of the cultist amble in the room unsure
what to do. Those who enter the Observatory do see a ladder that leads
to a wooden roof hatch. Suddenly Verek hovers-within eyesight of the
window to the east. “Come outside. We’ll talk like civilized ...beings.
I will not harm you.” So he doens't consider himself a man just a being?*

*Kaz's man heads to the ladder on a subtle nod from Kaz. Then Kaz climbs
the ladder. Followed by Marusk and Klargar. The rest start to climb onto
the roof.*

*Verek is on the edge of the roof to the left and about 30 feet away. He
watches the moon. “Imagine. IF this was a Moon Week or Moonday. What
other powers does this possibly give then?” He reaches to his chest
probably or the talisman. He ignores the group as they climb up and form
in ranks. Verek continues, “sorry to deceive you. There is no vault. But
I can give so much more than Lunars and power.” He finally turns to face
the group. *

*Kaz steps forward to within about 10 feet of Verek. Verek shifts his
sheathed sword n his hip. “Simple. Kneel. Swear fealty. Follow me. I can
do so much but a army is needed for the minor parts as I carve this land
in my image.”*

*The group is unsure why Kaz is doing this. If he is in this plan that
would explain it. *

*Kaz moves slowly toward Verek as now everyone is on the roof that wants
up here. Kaz ends up 5 feet away. Kaz's bodyguard rushes up but Verek
waves a hand for him to stop about 8 feet away. Kaz nods and
outstretches his arms. Rocky takes this time to start to reload his
arbalest. Those with bows and such prepare to fire at Verek but Kaz is
in the way. *

*Kaz Kneels at 3 feet form Verek. Great now folks can fire a good shot
at his chest now. Verek steps in front of Kaz and smiles. “I
swear...that you will be a dead god!” At the word 'that' he reaches up
and grabs the talisman. HE tries to yank it away. But Verek smiles and
he glowing Talisman emits a web of energy and knocks Kaz to the ground.
“You have made a bad choice. You do not have the faith or power to stop me!”*

*With that Verek raises both hands and using the power of gravity like
the moon does he sweeps Kaz toward the edge of the roof. The bodyguard
runs and Verek clapses his hands and a beam of white energy hits the man
and like Jaren ends up with a gaping smoking hole in his chest on the
ground.*

*Then Verek waves at Kaz and the leader goes rolling off the roof to the
side of the mountain far below. “Now...anyone else want to make another
bad choice?”*

*Those with missile weapons raise them and aim. Surely he can't take on
a dozen or more at one time?*

*GM: Actions? Comments?*

*Next update....next tue/wed? When posts come in :)*

*GM: A good spot to end. Let me know who stayed in cave. I will assume
all climb to not. I also will assume for time's sake all of party is on
roof? So 3 weeks left so 2 maybe 3 if we are lucky more updates?
Depending on if you find a solution. ) So I could work on updraft sat if
enough posts but probably will be Tuesday. I liked the idea of
disrupting the ritual. If this was table top that might've ended it
there. But I technically had him float-up and away so the ritual was
completed. But good role playing. The clues are there. So I hope one
more update before Xmas. *