[pnpgm] Game Update #42 - File #252 - Combat Aftermath

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Wed Mar 22 22:21:50 CET 2023

[Sent from Thunderbird]

Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Not es.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........

     Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

     Game Update #42 sequence (file #252)
     Admin Note: None

        From Rocky: [Re: Actions]
         Rocky, seeing Jaren fall over goes to him and casts a Heal2 in
an attempt to help him. Not being skilled in treating poisons he asks
"Any a you know ….  If no one speaks up he will do his limited best.
        GM: Ack.

        From Juno: [Re: Actions]
         I have some first aid skills and plant lore and healing spells.
I also have
counter magic. Juno use all his skills knowledge and spells he tries a
counter magic (1) and Heal(2) spell wise. He looks to varo as well.
Is there plants or things around to help?

             But first he looks around stands still and see any or tries
to detect if any are dangerous or will be moving or able to cause us
damage. Basically survey the aftermath and if there is anymore clear and
present danger detect enemies(1) spell cast.

         He says, "I'd rather send these creatures back to the sea but …
        GM: Ack. Rolled plant skill but no go.  Major issue is the
darkness so hard to forage around.

        From Varo: [Re: Actions]
         [Varo has some knowledge (~25% for each) of healing poisons &
finding healing plants & identifying plants,which triggers the actions
here.]

         Varo is across the camp area from Jaren, but when she turns she
sees some greenish gas or cloud around Jaren & Jaren on the ground. "Get
away from …

         She, too will cast a Healing Spell at level 2, to add to any
healing effects being given Jaren.

     [Windsday, Movement week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]

     [Time: 7;13 pm]

        The entire combat takes less than a minute but the swamp does
not seem to lose a beat.  Frogs and insects do their song. Then the
patry sees Jaren fall.

        Juno scans the area.  Studying each of the six creatures to
ensure none are moving.  But it seems none are.  He doesn't realize that
#1 was down not seemingly to move.  Then to stand and move again toward
party.  Juno would ask others about it and the theory is the creature
must've been temporarily knocked out or stunned.  Then it moved again.
That or possibly it regenerated? But that same creature had a serious
chest wound so maybe it was just stunned?

        Juno says, "I'd rather send these creatures back to the sea but
don't want to touch them. We could burn the bodies but that may attract
attention to a really large fire."

        "I'd rather just get out of here asap but we need to tend to see
if Jaren is ok first."

        Also he continues to say  "If after he is cared for and we are
safe I would like to checks the horses make sure there ready, fed,
watered and gathers his arrows and javelins with out disturbing the
creatures.  Put out fire collect supplies break camp  and and get moving"?.

        "Does that make sense any thoughts? how do we dispose or do we
just get moving ? Do we check the bodies for treasure. I'd rather not
dare touch these dangerous creatures.

        Juno prays for a answer from his higher power. "O please help
our fallen soldier."

        He also prays for the souls of these creatures. "Do we let them
live or do we kill the ones alive out of mercy?"

        Varo is across the camp area from Jaren, but when she turns she
sees some greenish gas or cloud around Jaren & Jaren on the ground. "Get
away from that cloud!"? Varo yells. "Get Jaren away from there – he
shouldn't be breathing that – that could bad be poison to everyone! Get
him away from that creature! Everyone away from there!”

        She runs toward him, but also starts looking around the area
around & outside camp, looking for any plant that she might have learned
of to help deal with poisonous gas, as well as digging into her pack for
any poison treatments she may be carrying, although she's not sure the
emetic in the first aid kit she's carrying will help. She arrives where
Jaren has been moved to, still going through her medical supplies.

        "Are his clothes wet from that stuff? If so, get them off - &
hold your breaths! Is he breathing? If not, get him turned over on his
stomach or his back & push his chest down for a couple seconds, then let
go to force him to breathe in good air. Get him to cough – clear his
lungs. Hold  your own breaths & take turns!"

        Varo doesn't know if she can help, but she runs over with her
supplies & looks around for any plants that might help. She will do what
she can, but try to keep others from breathing any traces of what caused
Jaren to collapse. She is worried her knowledge is not enough, only
basic, & as she runs she prays desperately to Ernalda that she has the
knowledge needed, or the medicine, or that it it nearby. "Please clear
Jarenâ" lungs of that poison or whatever that cloud was, Mother Ernalda,
& give him clean, free air & aid to help him now!She joins the others in
their efforts, but feels compelled to look out beyond the camp's area to
see if there are any plants that could help. She adds a brief prayer
that her eyes be clear to anything that could be of use, simply praying
under her breath as she searches the area from near Jaren.

     Rocky, seeing Jaren fall over goes to him and casts a Heal2 in an
attempt to help him. Not being skilled in treating poisons he asks "Any
a you know how ta fix poison hurt?" If no one speaks up he will do his
limited best.

        Juno scans the area and the monsters satisfied the creatures
seem to be dead. HE moves to help Rocky. He has a bit better knowledge
on plants and first aid.  But its just too dark to ascertain nearby plants.

        Both Rocky and Juno help to move Jaren a bit further away from
the dead creature to avoid the gas.  But it seems to have been in the
immediate area around the creatures body.  Both hear Varo yelling
warnings but too preoccupied to react and let it sink in.

        Juno finds Jaren is still breathing but his pulse is weaker.
Lifting his arms it seems to drop a bit harder than normal which may
imply his body is weaker.

        As Varo sans the camp area for plants she passes eyes over the
campfire several times.  Then she recalls from her Cult a story of a
battle their group had with some Praxians.  The Prax force led the cult
group into a area full of berries. The cult group was hungry after
chasing the Prax group for days over mountains. The cult settled and ate
the berries.  But they were poisonous.  By the time a cult leader
realized it was too late. She recalls though that charcoal used with
some plants or liquids allowed the body to up heave or throw up the
poison.  While it still had some effect it was mostly diminished.  Varo
moves to the campfire and digs to find bits of charcoal.  The fishing
villages they passed used this to roast by fire the fish they caught.
So the group had been given some of the charcoal and small fish.  But
Varo is unsure how much to use or how to use it or in what combo.

        As Rocky and Juno cast their healing spells on Jaren, Maruska
sees Varo and nods.  “That could work. Mix about this much...” he leans
and breaks a bit of the charcoal off.  “With some juice.  But unsure we
have any like apple juice.  So some water will have to do.”

        As Varo and Marusk work on the potion, Jaren is stirred up a
bit.  HE begins to wake up but seems a bit out of it.

        Varo rushes over and tells Jaren to drink it but she has to
force it down his throat as he is too weak to understand or too tired.
A minute passes and Juno helps to start the process.   His first aid
skills are a bit better than the trio. He places fingers in throat to
cause a gag reflex.  Jaren then throats up the stomach contents.  But
issue is the lungs have most of the as so Varo and Juno help to do
compressions and making him to sough as much as he can to clear his lungs.

        About 7 minutes later Jaren is helps to sit up.  “I feel just
weak but don't feel much else going wrong?”

        Juno, Varo and others discuss the situation.  With the healing
magic and other treatment he should be fine but needs test.  Maybe the
gas itself only weakens their foe so to make them easy prey?

        Varen listens to Juno's words and considers them.  “Moving out
at pitch darkness in a swamp is as bad as it can be.  At least a forest
we might have a chance. But a swamp has places you step and quick sand.”

        Marusk nods, “I agree.  We could dump the bodies into the water
but we'd attract gators and other animals.  Not sure we want a pack of
gators coming into camp.  We could take them south.”  He waves around
reminding that they are in a niche in the land with water from north,
east and west.  “Then dump them maybe 50 feet off from here.  But again
we'd attract land animals.  We need to set out in morning that way.  My
suggestion is pile the about 20 feet south of the campfire. WE post an
extra sentry and move in the morning.”

        Varen asks, “wouldn't that just attract predators to feed tonight?”

        Marusk shrugs, “It would.  But travel at night is dangerous even
more so. When folks are hurt in a forest and no time to buy the dead
like these creatures they do this.  As long as a sentry holds a fire
torch it should make predators leery of coming close.”

        Juno is not convinced but sees how Jaren can barely keep his
head high.

        Varen looks around.  “Fine lets get 3 sentries.  Jaren can rest
and hopefully be better in morning.”

     GM: Actions? Comments?

         Next update...Next week Tue/Wed?

     GM: A quick update.  So I reworked the poison gas cloud as it was
more long term CON damage than actual hit point short term stuff.  So
with the 2 healing and Varo's help it should flush out Jarens system.
Below is book keeping stuff.  Last weekend for D4 Beta.  Technically
this Open Beta can be easy to get.  I think KFC gives you access for a
simple sandwich if I recall. But that will take up my time from Fri noon
to Monday 3pm.  So will do next update next week.  Probably move onto
the next thing.  Stay tuned!

     GM: Experience/Item Use:

         Player            Notes
        Klorgar         +5% Composite Bow,   -5 Arrows (10 left)
        Mournath     +5% Composite Bow,   -2 Arrows (12 left)
         Rocky         -1 Bolt (18 left), -2 Sling bullets (13 left),
Heal 2 -POW
        Varo        +5% Bow,             -4 Arrows (35 left)
         Juno         Protection, MultiMissile, Coordination spells -POW

        All others if at 100% no skill boosts.  Others who fired did not
lose arrows or such if miss – easy to collect back.  Only those who hit
and got skill bonus are listed above.  Many misses first 2 rounds. :)

Format may be off since sent from notepad not office/format.