[pnpgm] Game Update #50 - File #279 - Into the darkness and lgiht

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Tue Nov 21 06:47:10 CET 2023

*Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Not es.....*
*Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,.......... *
*Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........*
*Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........*
*Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........*
*Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................*
*Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........*
*Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........*
*Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........*
*Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........*

*Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)*
*Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net*

*Game Update #50 sequence (file #279)*
*Admin Note: None*
*[Recap]*
**
*From Juno: [Re: Actions]*
*Juno steps back and pray to his god and his higher …*

*Juno prays silently “Great O give me the guidance to see my enemies …*
*GM: Ack.*

*From Rocky: [Re: Actions]*
*"Huh" Rocky exclaims. "A secret door. Lets be cautious n check it out."*
*GM: Ack. *

*[New Stuff]*

*[Fireday, Movement week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]*

*[Time: 7;53 pm]*
**
*Juno steps back and prays to his god and his higher power for showing him*
*this.*

*But was it the god or just a coincidence from the mini quake and
wind?But Juno has no doubt whatsoever. Even those so called fanatics in
the cults have some doubts on such things. But not to him.*

*Juno then steps back and wonders if should keep turning, he then tries to*
*call on his god to foresee and give guidance and grant him a detect enemies*
*spell to see if anything is dangerous.*

*Juno prays silently “Great O give me the guidance to see my enemies and*
*grant me serenity do the right thing.”*

*As he casts the spell he breathes and listens. Will Kaz be targeted as
a enemy? But the spell is not perfect. Enemy is a relative concept. Kaz
feels betrayed sure. But has he declared this group enemy or neutral
allies? If betrayal was a spell result he'd glow. But gods only know
what is in the hearts of the target for now. As he casts his spell he
glances at the tiny hole between back of bookcase and wall. But he
senses nothing. Does that mean the enemy is not there or to far or they
aren't enemies yet? He glances over his shoulder and particularly at
Kaz. But again there is no obvious clue. He briefly eyes each member and
same thing. No enemies here or failure or a relative answer.*

**

*He hopes to find some guidance or wisdom from his higher power Before he*
*continues turning .*

*"Huh" Rocky exclaims. "A secret door. Lets be cautious n check it out."*

*Rocky shakes his head slightly. Why do humans put secret doors behind
book cases? Its so cliche! But he knows they are silly humans. *
**
*Kaz raises a hand, “wait..wait..I had no idea this existed. Sure we
inherited the place but they never told us it existed. I have read every
text here in this room and nothing there either. But it must be obvious
is where they went. But we need to careful! No telling what is down
there. Down since this floor continues north so has to be down. Could be
creatures or more dangers!”*

*Marusk nods, “certainly. We'll be careful. Rocky take point please you
have the best eyes. I'll be beside you as good on traps and such. Rest
can follow. Let's go.”*

*Kaz turns to the table and grabs the candle holder and yells to his
friends in the hall. “Munz come forward.”*

*Outside in the hallway a robed man steps forward as another man
whispers in his ear. He steps forward and Mournath raises his bow.
Marusks says, “Mournath let him come I think Kaz needs a bodyguard or
scout. We found a secret door. You can come as well if you wish.” He
turns to Kaz, “Your men won't come behind and ambush us as long as you
join us I assume. But they wont' trap us down there as well right?”*

*Kaz nods and yells to the others in Praxian.*

*The robed man who is carrying a bow of his own passes Mournath and eyes
him carefully. Mournath notices his sheath a nice hilt compared to the
others. *

*Marusk nods toward Juno. Juno twists the rune placard and a click is
heard. Then a second and a final third click. The opening expands to
about 2 inches. Rocky steps forward and with Juno pulls the bookcase to
the right. It quickly moves and the others back away to give it room. *

*Rocky and Marusk step into the darkness. *

*Rocky moves forward fast but Marusks steps a bit slower to adjust his
eyes. The passage is level for first 5-6 feet. Then a sharp decline is
found going roughly 25-30 degrees. The passage is about 4-5 feet wide at
this point. With a ceiling of about 6 feet once is levels out to offset
the first manor floor above it. Kaz enters and some of the candle light
flickers on the blank dusty walls. *

*The decline goes about 60 feet and twists to the right or eastward. A
smooth curve takes part around the corner. Another decline for 50 or so
feet. Kaz stops making Varo bump into him. He notices drawings on the
walls and raises the ccandle to look. Varo grunts and urges him on. *

*Varo glances at the pictures of the moon and mountains. As they move
further down a lone figure is standing shirtless in a moon lit field. A
new picture further down shows same man being bathed in moonlight. A new
picture on opposite wall shows man and a group of large beasts twice his
size. *

*A new picture shows the man standing over a dead creature with the
others all around him dead. *

*The robed man with bow and fancy sword whispers to Kaz and Varo
overhears it. “We will miss the alignment in a few minutes.” Kaz Nods.*

*The passage levels off. Gets wider and now seems to e 2 maybe 3 stories
below the library. Rocky notices the passage goes about 100 feet. But so
far no monsters or traps.*

*About 80 feet down this last hall voices are heard. Flicker of some
light is barely seen but Rocky sees it more than Marusks. The light
flickers on the wall that ends this passage but to its right so it must
e a turn up ahead going left. *

*“...come closer and you will suffer.”*

*Confirmation – the voice of Veren. But now the voice of Jaren is heard.
“you betrayed me! We were supposed to do this together. I killed with
the others all those villagers for you! Just so you could find the
relic. Then you escape and head south to the city.”*

*Daren laughs, “You tracked me though didn't you. But honestly how could
a man on foot out run you on horses? You clearly didn't want to find me.
Once you did you tried to force me to go back and find the relic. That
slip on the cliff...or rather the escape down the cliff allowed me to
escape again. Then in town you joined me and was fouled by my “memory loss.”*

*Jaren exclaims, “I wasn't fooled. I suspected you but played along. To
watch you closely. I knew once those trolls with purple stuff was
stronger you waited for that power. That night in camp you did all you
could but to use whatever was left of the purple stuff. Too bad there
wasn't much left. But I knew made your dream of power was still around.
Too bad the fools never even investigated more on things. Blindly
joining for some mystery treasure that doesn’t exist.”*

*Daren continues, “in moments it will be completed. You can still join
me. Once I take the area and Sartar will fall to me you can be in a high
seat of power.”*

*At this point the party stops at the end of this passage. Rocky and
Marusks look around corner. They see another small passage about 20 feet
long. At end of this passage stands Jaren back to party facing west.
Beyond him it seems Daren is some distance away it looks to be in a
larger cavern. But it is blocked by Jaren at times. There seems to be a
water pool of some sort that seems to be crystal clear. The cavern is
dark except for the moon light form high above form some unknown source.
A small lit torch is tossed next to Jaren on the ground that gives more
light. *

*GM: Actions? Comments?*

*Next update....next tue/wed? When posts come in :)*

*GM: A good place to stop. I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving in
the US. Earliest I can do some work on next update is Saturday. After
that tue/wed. By then December will be here. I will assume all including
Mournath enter tunnel unless you say otherwise. *