The Sand Claw Cult
The Sand Claw Cult (mentioned in the Perilous Lands writeups for Kirazan and Ro'babza) was started by the Great Mufti Muji ala'Morii in 810SA. The cult worships the dark forces of the desert, more specifically, Sutekh (in my game, Khesek). The cult is part of Khesek's plans to expand his reach from the Desert of Sighs into the Great Desert. He has followers throughout the southern continent, but especially in the Rogizini Empire.
Some of the strictures of the Sand Claw Cult are as follows:
- Thou shalt use sand instead of soap for cleaning your bodies.
- Thou shalt not kill any of the sacred animals of Khesek: Scorpions, the Desert Cobra, and the Khesek-beast
- Respect the Scorpion People, for they are my beloved children.
- Ty'ana is our enemy. Smite her, her children, and her followers (the A'ha'kacili) whenever possible.
- Sometimes it is good to kill, so kill not in these times. Leave my enemies in their death agonies.
- My warriors among you are the Scorpions of Khesek. My Priests among you are the Cobras of Khesek.
- The Priests among you shall wield the whip, for it resembles the sting of the scorpion and the strike of the snake, and this is pleasing to me.
- Thou may deceive outsiders as to the faith, but never lie to the priests, for they hear with my ears and speak with my voice. Lie not to me, for lightning is my whip and you shall feel its sting.
- If there be wizards among you, study not any spells of Law and especially not Light, for they are unworthy in my sight. Also, seek not power after death or of the dead, for this is unclean in my sight.
- Rituals are to be held at night or during a storm, preferably both.
- Oppose all worshippers of the hated orb.
- If thou art called to me, accept not the call of the leeching darkness.I shall reward you, not the usurper. (recent addition from the revelations of Salah A'bouz)
- The prohibition against studying Lichcraft and Necromancy comes from the fact that the Great Mother of the Scorpion People knows all Chaos Spells except these, so Khesek must have some prejudice against them.
- The recent addition is Khesek's reaction to the actions of Slidranth in the Middle World (resurrecting dead mages so that they might serve him)
- Most of the cultists are in the southern continent, but there is a small cult in, of all places, Porta and another in Marentia.This is also Khesek's desire to spread to the Eastern Desert, so that he might interfere with Slidranth's plans.